I've moved! You can now find this blog at www.teachingthelittlepeople.com. Please bookmark this new site and come on over!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Turkey Hats


This week we made turkey hats to wear Friday for our Harvest Party/A - Z Potluck.  Now, I have to admit that this is true craft project, and not my favorite type of art project for the Little People.  Usually I try to stick to the projects where they can create anything they want.  However, these turkey hats are very cute, and the parents love them.  So, I just put them in the "Following Directions" art category while the kids make the faces, and then end up putting together most of the project at home.

I did, however let them choose any color of pom poms they wanted for eyes, and while the parents might wonder at this, I think they turned out wonderfully.

Some of the kids went for brown or white pom pom eyes.  (I added the Sharpie pupils later.)



However, some kids branched out a little bit.  We had "alarmed" orange eyes:

"Stressed out/Been Dipping into the Eggnog" Pink Eyes:

"Have Pink Eye Must Stay Home" Pink and White Eyes:

And mismatched "Turkey Lurkey" eyes:

Ahh, so cute, so parent-pleasing, and yes, still a little bit creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment