I've moved! You can now find this blog at www.teachingthelittlepeople.com. Please bookmark this new site and come on over!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Oh, No! Poor Joe.



This is a book about Joe.  It's a book I use during this part of the year to help teach body parts - at least those body parts above the shoulders.  I read the text and the kids fill in the missing body part.  They in general really love it - once they get it.

For example, the first time I read the book this year I started with this page.  I said, "Oh no, poor Joe!  He has no________".  And immediately a voice piped up "moustache!".

Well yes, yes this is true.  He also has no mouth, which I would think would be the greatest of his problems, but I suppose you can never overlook the importance of a moustache.

1 comment:

  1. I do something very similar when I teach ESL http://eslcarissa.blogspot.mx/2012/06/oh-no-poor-joe-body-parts-game.html! So cute the things kids say :) I have never had a kid say mustache, but maybe someday I'll get so lucky

    ReplyDelete